The Tank Floor Reaching Pit Gauge and Extension Tube is delivered as a Kit. The Tank Floor Reaching Pit Gauge is 152mm (6") Long and 19mm (3/4") Wide, with End and Center Dial Indicator Mounts. The End Receptacle is fitted with a long 37mm (1.5") Nose Cutout. The Contact Surface of the blade is flat and fitted with 3 Powerful Magnets. The Extension Tube is 91cm (36") long, and can be added to, by purchasing our other models of Extension Tube, resulting in an extension to virtually any length.
While intended for Storage Tank Floors, the Dial Indicator Extension Tube can also be used to fit a Pit Gauge into a tight area not normally accessible, or to reach for inaccessible corrosion.
The Dial Indicator Extension Tube consists of; the Main Tube, Contact Rod, and Clamp Block.
Main Extension Tube
- The bottom of the Main Tube is fitted with a Stem, the samediameter as our Dial Indicators, to permit its use on any Pit GaugeBlade. The stem restricts the Contact Rod from extending too far.
- The top of the Main Tube has the Clamp Block retained, so it wont be dropped, however the Contact Rod can be removed from this end.
- Any one of our 3 Contact Points (Standard, Conical, or Needle) can be screwed into the bottom of the Contact Rod.
- The Contact Rod is screwed into the Travelling Spindle of the Dial Indicator.
- Secures the Dial Indicator or a second Extension Tube.
- The Dial Indicator can be easily Gauge Zeroed within the Clamp Block or the Extension Tubes Spindle can be Zeroed.
Simply remove the Dial Indicator (Imperial, Metric, or Digital) from the Pit Gauge Blade, and remove the Contact Point. Fasten the Extension Rod into the Dial Indicator, and slide it through the Extension Tube. Place the Dial Indicator into the Clamp Block located at the top end of the Extension Tube. Without the Clamp Block tightened, place the bottom end of the
Extension Tube into the Blade. The Blades set screw or clamp fasteners can then be tightened up, followed by a Gauge Zero up on the Clamp Block, similarly as outlined in the Pit Gauge Manual.
The Tank Floor Reaching Pit Gauge is Western's only Standard Pit Gauge Blade that is offered with the Dual Receptacle Dial Indicator Mounting feature. However, the 3 Powerful Magnets make it difficult to remove from a steel work piece, so Scanning with it is not very practical.